is usually no different from a standard game of blackjack, except that it has an option to add a side bet, giving the players a chance to win a progressive jackpot. As the side bet starts accumulating, a jackpot is created and players have a chance to win all or part of the jackpot, if certain conditions are met. The game has become increasingly popular as one can make a lot of money through jackpots that are easy to build.
In this article, I am going to take you through how to play progressive blackjack, take a peek at the rules involved, share a few tips on winning a game, and highlight basic features of the game. So make sure you take a few minutes to read through the article before you start playing.
How to play
Playtech Progressive blackjack is almost the same as standard blackjack, where the objective is to try and score a blackjack to beat the dealer. In order to play for the jackpot, a side bet has to be placed in addition to your standard bet. There is a minimum value for side bet, usually starting from $1 and, all the money that you put in as side bet goes into the jackpot pool.
The game follows the same rules of standard blackjack, where the players receive two face up cards. Then the dealer receives two cards out of which one is face up and the other face down. Players now have the option to hit, stand or double the bets. Once the player finishes their hand, the dealer reveals his/her hidden card.
There is a standard payout of 3:2 for all blackjacks if the dealer also has a blackjack the players get their stake back. Players are also allowed to make insurance bets, with a payout of 1:1.
The dealer has to hit if their hand is lower than 16 and stand if the hand is 17 or more.
How to win
In order to win a game of Playtech progressive blackjack a player must,
- Have a higher hand than the dealer without going over 21, same as standard blackjack.
- Draw one or more aces, the more aces you draw the larger the payout. Draw 4 same colored aces to win the entire jackpot. You can win a progressive side bet by drawing aces, while losing your hand to the dealer (this is because, a progressive side bet is independent of your primary bet).
The game rules
- The game uses 6 decks of cards
- There is an optional progressive side bet
- Player can only split once. He has an option to double after splitting.
- The dealer can check for blackjack if he has an Ace or a 10 valued card
- A player is allowed to double only if his hand totals 9, 10 or 11
Tips to win
In order to win this game, it is best to use the standard blackjack game strategies. The only way this game is different from blackjack is that, it has an option of a progressive side bet.
Many progressive betting systems suggest that you should vary your bets according to the past results, by using this method you make a lot of small profits. Martingale, Fibonacci and Paroli systems are some examples of betting methods.
It is also recommended to place a higher side bet, if affordable, as the payout rewards in this game range from 10 to 100x the bet placed.
- 6 decks of cards used
- Player has an option to split
- The dealer has to stand on soft 17 and hit if their hand is lower than 16
- Player has an option to surrender
- There is a minimum and maximum side bet of $1 and $40, respectively.
- Blackjack payout of 3:2
- Re-splits are not allowed
- Insurance bets available