What is a Live Dealer Casino?
Live dealer casinos are online casino destinations where you can play casino games in real time. Live dealer software providers such as Playtech stream live dealer casino games from physical locations and broadcast them over the Internet at live casino destinations.
They use the best of technology to enable a smooth and realistic gaming. To play these games, players must have a real money account with a live casino loaded with money. Then they need to select the live casino table game they want to play and wait till it loads. Live dealer casinos also enable players to chat with the dealer brining virtual casino gaming to a whole new level.
Playtech Live Dealer Infrastructure
Playtech has heavily invested into its live dealer games and offers live HD streaming from physical studios to the player’s PCs, mobile devices and even TV. With leading European and Asian websites, the company’s live dealer platform creates the most authentic live casino gaming experience available today. It uses top of the line cameras broadcasting the game action in HD. Moreover, the company employs native-speaking dealers for Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom so that players feel like home. The company’s live dealer studios are located at several countries throughout the world.
The company also provides TV broadcast games operating in the UK, Spanish and Italian markets. These games combine the buzz of a casino with the excitement of a live game show. TV games can be played via several channels such as Web interface and TV App.
Advantages of Playing Live Games
The following are some of the pros of playing live casino games:
- They offer an authentic and realistic gaming experience from the comfort of your home
- The games are played in real time and results are immediately revealed. The outcome of the games is not automatically determined by a random number generator software
- Thanks to the live chat function players can chat with the dealer and with other players on the same table
- Players can access the games in a matter of seconds; they don’t have to go to a near land based casino so they will save time and money
- Native speaking live dealers encourage players to feel at home while playing the games
Disadvantages of Playing Live Casino Games
What follows are few cons of playing live dealer games:
- Slower game sessions. You have to wait until the betting time ends and all players place their bets. In online blackjack, for example, you place a bet and immediately hit the Deal button.
- Sometimes it might take some time till a game loads
- At some live casinos live dealer games can only be played during certain hours of the day
Playtech Live Dealer Games
Playtech live dealer games that can be played at high quality live casinos powered by this software provider include:
- Live Roulette
Standard European Roulette rules apply for this game. Once all players place their bets the dealer says ‘no more bets’ and drops the ball into the spinning roulette wheel.
- Live Blackjack
The goal of this game is to get as close as possible to 21 or 21 exactly or have the dealer bust. Typical blackjack rules apply.
- Live Baccarat
In this game you bet on the banker, player or tie and the dealer deals the cards. The game is very popular in Asian casinos and it is sometimes run by native Asian dealers.
- Live Casino Hold’em
Texas Hold’em rules apply for this game. The difference is that in this game players play against the dealer not against each other.
- Live Unlimited Blackjack
The game has no betting limits and is available in multi player format.
- Double Screen Roulette
It is played according to standard roulette rules.