Gambling is an activity that many people indulge in as a fun way to blow off steam and also rake in some wins. Some people take it as a profession and are, therefore, professional about it. However, there is a cross-section of people for whom gambling can become an obsessive activity. Anything that is obsessive can be dangerous and is definitely not healthy. While the percentile is minimal, the fact remains that this is happening. We recognize this fact and have in place a strict policy to ensure responsible gambling.
Detecting Whether You Have a Gambling Problem
The first step towards responsible gambling is to find out if you have a gambling problem. There are definitive indicators that can help you arrive at this conclusion. Here is a list of questions you can ask yourself as a form of self-assessment to see if you have a gambling problem.
- Has gambling affected your school and/or work life?
- Has gambling created an unhappy situation or tension at your home?
- Has gambling cast a negative shadow on your reputation?
- Has gambling ever been a means for you to earn money to overcome a financial crisis?
- Has losing while gambling triggered an urge to get back to gambling to recover your winnings?
- Do you feel like continuing even after you have won substantially while gambling?
- Have you ever resorted to borrowing to fund your gambling habit?
- Have you ever felt the need to sell off personal belongings to fund your gambling habit?
- Have you ever felt like doing something wrong to fund your gambling habit?
- Have you had problems quitting a gambling session?
- Has gambling ever become an escape from mundane life for you?
- Do you feel excessive guilt after a gambling session?
You may be having a gambling problem if you answer in the affirmative to 5 of these questions. If you feel you have a gambling problem, you can get in touch with organizations that help you gamble responsibly and for fun.
Responsible Gambling Organizations
At Playtech online casinos you will find links to organizations that can help you overcome your gambling problem. These include organizations like:
Preventing Gambling by Minors
Age verification is an important step towards ensuring that minors do not indulge in gambling. Only players above the legal age limit of gambling are allowed to play for real money at online casinos, including those running on Playtech software.
Session Time Limits
Players can also set the limits in terms of the amount of time for a gambling session. These time management tools provide an alert when a player has reached the limit he set to help him stop his session and move on.
Setting Deposit Limits
Players can also set limits on how much they can deposit into their Playtech casino account. This limit is for a specific period; once the limit is passed players are not allowed to deposit more funds until the time limit passes.
Setting Bet Limits
Players can set limits on the bets they place when they play at a Playtech casino. The software also allows players to set reminders about their active betting limits; this helps them stay within the limits and not let gambling become addictive.
The different bet limits available include:
- Single bet limits
- Poker stake limits
Playtech casinos also have self-exclusion tools that allow players to exclude themselves from playing for a particular time period. This time period can be anywhere between 1 day and 12 months. During the time limit the player sets for self-exclusion, he will not be able to play at the casino at all, nor does he receive any communication relating to promotions and other happenings at the online casino. To stop playing right away during a game, all he needs to do is click the Exclude Now icon on the screen.